A group of Spanish teachers received graduation certificates at the Timosenkoski Nature School for their participation in the Erasmus+ in-service teacher training organized in Oulu.
During this autumn, Saaga Travel has produced an in-service teacher training program related to the Erasmus+ program for two international groups of teachers in Oulu, Northern Finland. The topic of both courses was “Transversal Competences in the Finnish Curricula”.
The content of the training was produced by experts and units of the University of Oulu and the City of Oulu's Educational and Cultural Services. The program included lectures and visits to schools. Saaga Travel was responsible for sales and transportation services for the training package. Participants received support for their participation from the Erasmus+ program.
The Spanish group's course feedback was positive:
– Everything was efficiently planned, all the activities were meaningful, the methodology was very active. To sum up, very useful course!
- Clarifying information about the Finnish curriculum, and interesting visits to schools. Although there was not much time dedicated to job-shadowing itself, seeing how the lessons are given.
- I come back with many ideas to apply in my daily work
- The driver was very helpful and nicely flexible with our sometimes late timing. Van was comfortable.
Saaga Travel implements in-service teacher training trips and other technical visit programs in cooperation with the Oulu education industry and other actors. We have e.g. together with the City of Oulu and the Youth Center Pikku-Syöte, developed a program in which international teachers learn about the Finnish way of teaching sustainable development. Learn more from the How to Teach Sustainability Course brochure. The course can be organized for both Erasmus+ eligible and non-EU participants.
- Long-term groundwork has been done in Oulu to develop educational tourism. Educational tourism to Oulu is now showing signs of recovery. Adult groups are the first to set off. The return of Asian school groups takes longer, says Saaga Travel's International Sales Manager Johanna Salmela.
Further information: Johanna Salmela, International Sales Manager, tel. +358 40 826 2345 [email protected].