Mountain biking in Ukkohalla, Hossa and Syöte, guided tour (5D)
Download Tour brochure (in Finnish) here.
Day 1: Hilly landscapes of Ukkohalla
8.30 am Gathering at Oulu bus station (located next to Oulu bus station), loading your own bikes. Driving to Ukkohalla. During the trip, going through the itinerary and the route of the Ukkohalla day trip. Self-paid lunch in Ukkohalla.
In the afternoon a guided bike tour in Ukkohalla . We ride a nice route along fantastic needle trails and admire beautiful hilly landscapes typical of Kainuu region.
Accommodation at Ukkohalla Ski Chalet apartments. Admission to the Ukkohalla sauna world is included in the package. At the end of the day, a joint dinner.
Day 2: Hossa - paradise for nature lovers
After breakfast we drive to Hossa. Self-paid lunch at Hossa Visitor Center.
In the afternoon, we get to experience the beautiful ridge paths of Hossa National Park, the clear waterways and the paths along their edges, as well as the needle paths running in the pine forests. The cycling routes offer varied and exciting terrain as well as great scenery.
Accommodation in Taivalkoski at Saija Lodge, joint dinner.
Day 3: Syöte - mecca for mountain bikers
After breakfast, we drive via Taivalkoski to Syöte. Self-paid lunch at Syöte National Park Visitor Center and getting acquainted with the visitor centre's permanent exhibition.
In the afternoon, we will cycle the classic Syöte Tour around Iso-Syöte fell. We get to test the Pärjänjoki boulevard and experience the great ridge landscapes of Pytkynharju.
Accommodation at KIDE Hotel. The hotel’s sauna is included. Dinner at the hotel’s Italian-style Tovaglia Restaurant.
Day 4: Syöte - full day excursion
Today we are doing a longer ride that offers tight climbs, fun descents and mostly single track trails - Syöte at its best! We enjoy a picnic lunch during the day.
Dinner at the hotel's Tovaglia restaurant.
Day 5: Return to Oulu
Free morning - we recommend climbing to the top of the Iso-Syöte fell, either by bike or on foot, to admire the magnificent landscape that opens up over Syöte National Park.
After a self-paid lunch, return to Oulu, driving time 2 h. The trip ends at 16.00 at Oulu bus station.
Your MTB guide Tytti
Join me for cycling on the great mountain bike trails of Ukkohalla, Hossa and Syöte!
I love endurance sports and outdoor activities. At the moment, the closest to my heart is mountain biking and cross-country skiing, but I also enjoy freestyle, trail running, orienteering and cycling orienteering. For my civil work, I move, inspire and teach high school students. In my free time I enjoy nature activities and exercise. I want to share the joy of exercise with others as well. I am happy to lead joint rides, for example, in my cycling club Team Donna Agile. I also belong to the leader team of the "Lekatie weekend group rides" sponsored by Pyörä-Suvala biking shop from Oulu.
Currently, in addition to my work, I am studying in a multi-form training to become a nature experience instructor.
Details of the trip
Included in the price:
- transport from Oulu to Oulu
- cycling guide services during the trip, incl. guided bike tours according to the program for 4 days and route advice if you want to do your own additional rides
- 4 x accommodation and breakfast
- 4 x dinner (home cooking style / buffet)
- 1 x packed lunch in Syöte (day 4)
- entry to Ukkohalla sauna world
Price does not include
- lunches on days 1-3 and 5, snacks
- bike; you can bring your own mountain bike / fat bike or rent a fat bike through us for the whole trip.
You need to bring with you:
- own cycling equipment: helmet, comfortable, weatherproof clothing and shoes suitable for cycling, backpack, drinking bottle
- valid travel insurance to cover cancellation due to illness (eg coronavirus); illnesses and accidents and damage to or loss of your personal belongings during the trip; as well as any damage you may have caused to the rental bike. If the rental bike is broken as a result of the renter's actions, is lost or stolen, the renter will be charged the value of the bike 2700 euros.
Terms and cancellation
Saaga Travel Ltd. is the responsible tour operator of the trip.
The general travel package conditions and Saaga Travel's special conditions apply to the trip. Read the terms on our website (in Finnish: contact us if you need English version) before buying the trip.
The combination of travel services offered to you is a travel package within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, you are subject to all EU rights regarding package travel. Saaga Travel is fully responsible for the proper implementation of the entire travel package. In addition, Saaga Travel has acquired the protection required by law to refund your payment and, if transportation is included in the travel package, to secure your return transportation in the event that the company becomes insolvent. Read about the most important rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302 on our website (in Finnish; contact us if you need the English version).
The minimum number of participants in the trip is 10 people. If the minimum number of participants is not met by the last day of registration, we will refund the participation fee in full.
Terms of cancellation
The passenger has the right to cancel the trip at any time before the start of the trip. In this case, a cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
a) Office costs € 15 when the trip is canceled no later than 45 days before the start of the trip
b) a booking fee of 30% of the price of the trip if the trip is canceled later than 45 days but no later than 21 days before the start of the trip
c) 50% of the price of the trip if the trip is canceled later than 21 days but no later than 7 days before the start of the trip
d) 75% of the price of the trip if the trip is canceled later than 7 days but no later than 3 days before the start of the trip
e) 95% of the price of the trip if the trip is canceled later than 3 days before the start of the trip.
Bicycle rental conditions
- The lessee is obligated to compensate for the loss or damage to the rental equipment at fair value, unless he/she is able to prove that he/she has taken care of the rental equipment carefully.
- The renter must notify Saaga Travel immediately of the loss of or loss of the bike.
- The renter must take care of the rental bike and act with care and diligence.
- The lessee must comply with the traffic rules in force in Finland.
- The renter rents and rides the bike at his/her own risk and must take care of his/her own valid insurance.
- If the bike is lost or stolen, the renter is obliged to reimburse Saaga Travel for the purchase price of the corresponding bike (€ 2,700).